Full Web Browser in your .Net App
CefSharp is the the easiest way to embed a full-featured standards-complaint web browser into your C# or VB.NET app. CefSharp has browser controls for WinForms and WPF apps, and a headless (offscreen) version for automation projects too. CefSharp is based on Chromium Embedded Framework, the open source version of Google Chrome. We have a simple 5 step process to get started. See the Quick Start guide and the FAQ.
Leverage the slick Chromium web browser for a buttery-smooth user experience. CefSharp outperforms every other C# web browser control, including GeckoFX, OpenWebkitSharp, WebKit.NET and Awesomium. CefSharp initializes in <10 ms, and web pages are displayed as they load (progressive rendering).
Free and Open Source
CefSharp is a .NET wrapper around the fantastic Chromium Embedded Framework project. And we provide full source code in C# and C++/CLI. You can use the code to hack, improve, fork or simply debug your applications better. CefSharp is BSD licensed, which means that it can be used for proprietary and free/open source applications. If CefSharp helped you, consider making a donation to the CEF project.
CefSharp is available in three flavors:
- CefSharp.WinForms provides browser UI Control for Windows Forms applications
- CefSharp.WPF provides browser UI Control for WPF applications
- CefSharp.OffScreen provides a "headless" browser control for automation projects
- CefSharp supports rendering of embedded HTML content for HTML-based UI
- CefSharp supports both x86 and x64, via specialized builds for each platform
- CefSharp requires at a minimum .NET 4.5.2, the CefSharp.WinForms.Example, CefSharp.WPF.Example, CefSharp.OffScreen.Example require .NET 4.5.2.
- Releases v45 and newer require Visual C++ Runtime 2013 on every machine.
- Releases older than v45 require Visual C++ Runtime 2012 on every machine.
- NuGet packages are available for WinForms, WPF and OffScreen use cases.
Documented and Supported
Start with these online resources:
- Quick Start which helps you integrate CefSharp into your WinForms/WPF project
- FAQ / Troubleshooting for common how-to's and help with common issues
- Wiki with a collection of help files for new users, existing users and contributors